Due to the recent RBI notification on recurring card transactions that would come into affect on September, 2021, many merchants including Facebook have stopped accepting new cards for recurring payments. Since May, 2021, Facebook is not allowing many customers to add new cards to their Facebook Ad accounts. Also, your current payments on Facebook Ads could stop any day. Kindly see the below article from Facebook on this issue.
To overcome this issue, we suggest you to transition to a new Facebook Ad account that has the option to do manual top up. This approach is not ideal, but it would allow you to run Facebook ads without disruptions. You would need to manually top up your cards more frequently in this approach.
Alternatively, you can also reach out to Facebook support for this issue. There is no generic Facebook support email address or phone number. You would be able to do it from Facebook Ad page.
Facebook has two types of Ad accounts – manual payments and automatic payments. Most companies have automatic payments setup, and Facebook automatically deducts funds from your card whenever you reach your assigned Facebook limit.
Below are the steps to create a Facebook Ad account with manual payments option. In this option, you would be able to add your card, and top up your Facebook ad account.
1) Go to your Business Facebook account. Click on the business setting option of the business account in which you need to create new ad account. After that, select the campaign from the drop down under that business account ( highlighted in orange colour ).
2) Under the business settings, click on Ad Accounts ( present on the left side as shown in the below screenshot )
3) Click on the Add option on right side of the page and select “create a new ad account”.
4) Once you complete the process of creating the Ad account, you would get an "Add Payment info" option. Click on the option.
5) Select Debit or Credit Card option:
6) Once the card is successfully saved in the payment methods, you can use the card to add funds in the Facebook prepaid account and pay your invoices.
7) Copying Campaigns from Old Ad account to New Ad Account:
Please click on the below link to follow the steps mentioned in the Facebook support page for copying existing Facebook campaigns from old Ad account to new one.